Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Room

Six Months Ago:
"Mom, I don't want my room to be forest anymore."-Jake
"WHAT? The paint is literally not even dry yet on these trees, which I patiently decorated your room with!?!?!?" -Me
"Please Mommy. I want my room to be space. Please please please."- Jake
"Grumble, groan, sniffle. Where is the wine, anyway?"-Me

Today:
"Mommy!!!! My room is totally wicked!!!I LOVE IT! Thank you for painting space everywhere!"- Jake
"You are welcome. But just so you know, it's going to be space at least till you get to middle school. I am done! Grumble, moan, couldn't tell me you wanted space before I did that whole forest thing." Further under breath mutterings.... - Me
"I know how much stuff you have to do, Mama. Thank you so much for doing it again just for me and Atti. I love you Mommy."- Jake



Between us grown ups I gotta say, having a kid who is actually aware and appreciative of the effort makes it all worth while.

Pictures tomorrow.

No comments: