Sunday, June 5, 2011

Whole Foods part two




So I went. I saw. I was afraid.

My fearless companion on this adventure was my friend Melissa. Melissa is a born and raised southern girl with the toughest game face you've ever seen. She can't weigh more than 90 lbs but she is international ass kicking champion of the world. Seriously, people at the gym, where she teaches a million classes, whisper her name as if she was Voldermort (except really everyone loves her cause she is super sweet outside class).

If you've ever seen the show super market sweep, then you have a good idea what this looked like. They let us in in groups of twenty and people went RUNNING full tilt to the items of choice. All meats and seafood were removed (grrr) prior to the sale. I went towards peanut butter first, since it lasts forever and we go thru it so fast. Apparently I wasn't the only one with that idea cause I quickly found myself in soccer mom hell. It takes a special kinda nuts to fight over organic peanut butter. As luck would have it, I'm not that kinda nuts. I got a ton of it in my cart before the row got crowded; as soon as soccer mom boxing started, I took off. Which lead to the interesting shopping experience of shopping for things you could get to. The herd was a force to be seen; there was no crossing the aisle to get something over there. So I ended up with an interesting collection of foods that were on the right sides of the aisle. I literally shopped for six minutes, was the very first person in the check out line, and was out the door in a total of ten minutes with the following:
35 jars of organic peanut butter
4 jars of organic almond butter
4 jars of organic cashew butter
2 boxes cheddar bunnies
6 loaves wheat bread
6 bags of hamburger buns
4 jars salsa
16 quarts of chicken stock
4 boxes of mini black and whites
12 frozen organic burritos
Cost $101.54

Given how quick it was, it was fun. If I had spent longer, it would have been nightmarish.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: